Friday, April 27, 2012

Background Info

Towards the end of 2011, weighing in at my heaviest, 168 pounds, I was semi-depressed and had just kind of settled into this feeling of 'I guess I will always be the fat girl, and I'm going to have to just deal with it'.  In a way I had completely given up on myself and was trying to accept it.  For that year I had tried a couple of different things to lose weight and nothing had worked.  I had been exercising but had never bothered to change my food.  I thought it wouldn't matter what I ate as long as I exercised.  

 I have been overweight for a good majority of my life.  Food was my friend, my comforter, and it always made me feel better.  Looking back now, I would turn to food whenever there were issues, much like an alcoholic would turn to liquor when things got "tough" or to suppress.  Growing up I was sexually abused and food was the only thing that understood me and knew of my troubles.

In January I was presented an idea and I thought, 'I have nothing to lose, so what the heck' and decided to take advantage of a life coach.  So January 27 was when i started working with Paul.  I was extremely overweight, unhappy with myself, eating whatever and whenever it pleased me, and had I stopped exercising.

The first thing he made me do was go through all the areas of my home and to take a real good look at them and get them cleaned and organized. . . . including the pantry, fridge and freezer.  This meant throwing out the ding-dongs, fruit snacks, chips and a whole bunch of other things.  To say the least, I was nobody's favorite in the house for a while.  It took me a week, but I was able to do it and I felt tons better.  It was almost as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.  Now it was time to stock the fridge and pantry with healthier choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment