Monday, May 7, 2012

This is one of my before pictures.  I will post the 'half way' pics later in the week. 

Today as I was getting out of the shower I had this aha moment, you know, the one Oprah so frequently spoke of.  For the last few weeks I have been struggling with really signing up for the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon coming up in July instead of just talking about doing it.  I have fought with this idea in my head - going back and forth - pros versus cons, and what about my knee that has been giving me troubles lately.  And then today, as I was getting out of the shower it hit me. . . .  I have to put myself out there if I want to succeed!  If I never try I will never know.  Yes, this means I will be vulnerable, but it is worth knowing whether I can do it or not.  This is something my therapist tried for a year to get me to realize. . . and I never got it . . not until now, that is.

If you want to try something is it worth sitting on the side lines worried because of what others may say or do?  Now I realize, no, it isn't worth it.  Yes, there is a chance I will not be able to finish, but it's worth a shot and I'm going to give it all I've got.  I am now officially signed up for the half marathon and I can't wait to see how it ends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment